Hi there. It's nice to be back. Things suddenly got very busy around here. As you know, Lucie had a birthday in late March, then on April 1st I had one (38th) and somewhere in that time frame, this little blog also turned three. Add to that, spring break, a business dinner and leaving town for Easter weekend and you have a busy few weeks.
That's why I chose to redesign my blog, in honor of its third birthday. I'd like to thank Alyson of Seventy & Sunny for designing my banner, "good craft" button (which I'll explain as soon as I have the chance) and the tiny button favicon. She was great to work with- my ideas sparking her ideas, which in turn sparked more ideas from me. Thanks Alyson!
So, for my blog birthday, I'd love to do a little give-away. I want to start by saying that I've hosted one give-away on my blog a while back, and I swore I'd never do it again. I was a bit embarrassed by the influx of comments, partially because I knew they were mainly because people wanted to get "free stuff." For that same reason, I am often hesitant to enter into give-aways on other peoples blogs.
Because of this I am going to share five random things about myself, and for your comment, please share one random thing about yourself. No need to toot my horn, just tell me something interesting about you, so that I can save it as a little snapshot of you.
And what will I be giving away? The main winner will receive the one and only "two straight lines" patchwork apron (photo here) and a few other goodies. I've gone back and forth about whether or not to give away the apron-- but I think its time for a fresh start. Two more people will receive a scrap bag with a few other goodies as well.
OK, here goes. Five things about me.
1) I have a "colorful" family. My grandmother's maiden name was Blue, and she married my grandfather, whose last name was White. My Mother's maiden name was White, and her married name (the one that stuck) was Brown.
2) In college I made and sold flavored oils and vinegars at the farmer's market in Bloomington, Indiana, where I went to school.
3) We have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis, Madeline (12) and Basil (11), a fluffy black cat named Clio (we don't know how old he is, but we think he's older than the dogs), and two fish, Sunshine and Little Gray.
4) For both of my kids I had natural childbirth in a hospital setting. I'm not an evangelist about natural childbirth, believing it is a very personal decision. But, I do wish every woman knew that she could do it. If I can do it, anyone can. I wouldn't even jog around the block willingly. I think jogging is miserable.
5) I am pretty tall, a little over 5'9".
OK, your turn...
Update: I'm going to cut off the comments now. Thanks for all of your great "random" things. They really brightened up my week. I will announce the winners shortly.